Understanding the underlying disease mechanisms of autoimmunity may contribute to the development of novel targeted-therapeutic approaches, improving the management and treatment of patients with autoimmune disorders.
Professor Abul K. Abbas deciphers the enigmas that a student or a clinician of immunology may have approaching the most complex issues of immunology. He brings the basic immunology as close as possible to the practical issues of pathogenesis but also to the clinical application of therapeutics.
This training program provides theoretical knowledge, practical examples, and real-life scenarios through a set of interactive educational videos that will enable you to easily understand the side effects of applying the different methods of manipulating the immune system in the clinical practice.
The educational content of this scientific training will provide you with key advances in immunology, including: innate immune response, antigen presentation and HLA, T cell activation, costimulation and regulation, CD4 T cell subsets, B cell activation and antibody production, T cell tolerance and regulation, mechanisms of autoimmunity, and cancer immunotherapy.
After the full training program (Parts 1,2, and 3), participants should be able to:
- Identify the main components of innate immunity and adaptive immunity
- Identify the different stages of the life of lymphocytes
- Explain the importance of dendritic cells in the immune system
- Explain how MHC molecules work in antigen presentation
- Understand and relate the concepts of isotype switching and affinity maturation
- Compare T cell activation with B cell activation
- Explain the importance of Regulatory cells in the immune system
- Identify what may cause self-tolerance to fail
- Become acquainted with emerging therapies to treat cancer patients and their potential challenges and implications
European CME Credits (ECMEC®s): 3 credits
Through an agreement between the European Union of Medical Specialists (UEMS) and the American Medical Association (AMA), physicians may convert EACCME credits to an equivalent number of AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Information on the process to convert EACCME credit to AMA credit can be found at https://www.ama-assn.org/education/cme/uemseaccme-cme-credit-recognition.
By completing this learning path, you will attain the certificate EACCME® Certificate - Basic and Translational Immunology Part 3
Your cart is empty